Cacao is known as the food of the Gods! The scientific name is Theobroma cacao. It originated in Central America and parts of Mexico. More than 5,000 years ago, it was consumed by pre-Columbian cultures along the Yucatán, including the Mayans, and as far back as Olmeca civilization in spiritual ceremonies.
Manuscripts from Spaniel Conquistadores tell that when Moctezuma II, emperor of the Aztecs, dined, he took no other beverage than chocolate, served in a golden goblet. Flavored with vanilla or other spices, his chocolate was whipped into a froth that dissolved in the mouth. No fewer than 60 portions each day reportedly may have been consumed by Moctezuma II, and 2,000 more by the nobles of his court. THAT'S A LOT OF CHOCOLATE.
WHY RAW CACAO?
Cocoa is the term used for cacao that has been roasted at high temperature, which changes the chemical nature of the bean. This exposure to high temperature lowers the antioxidant capacity and reduces the nutrient density that is found in the raw, cold pressed cacao (We don't want that)
Raw cacao has more than 300 phytochemicals and nearly four times the antioxidant power of regular dark chocolate, and contains protein, calcium, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, and sulfur these properties can be destroyed by high heat
RAW CACAO BENEFITS
- 20 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries: Raw cacao powder contains more than 300 different chemical compounds and nearly four times the antioxidant power of your average dark chocolate
- Full of Magnesium, More Calcium Than Cow's Milk, Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron.
- Raw Chocolate is now known to be a boost for the cardiovascular system.
- A Natural Mood Elevator and Anti-Depressant: chocolate affects your emotions and mood by raising serotonin levels
- Low Glycemic: no processed sugar, fructose or artificial sweeteners added
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Superfoods for Super health
- Pleasure, tons of pleasure without the guilt
WHY ENJOYFUL FOODS RAW CACAO PRODUCTS
WE ARE PALEO - VEGAN - NUT FREE
- Only our original presentation is sweetened but we use RAW ORGANIC COCONUT SUGAR, a low glycemic and mineral rich sweetener.
- We combined Organic spices, herbs and roots with our raw cacao to improve health benefits and boost its immune support benefits.
- Part of our profits benefit CARITASMILE a nonprofit dedicated to help children in USA and other Latin Countries